We are a not for profit organisation with charity status based at Ilam. We offer the diversity to reflect the many services that students have initiated to ensure that the university experience for students at Canterbury is all that it can be.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage manager, the Barista should be successful at:
• Making coffee obviously – you will strive to be the best on campus that makes excellent coffee for which people will respond “that’s simply a taste sensation”.
• General duties – you will also have experience in service delivery at a café or other food and beverage service outlet where you smoothly and effectively carried out operations.
• Customer service – you will have excellent personal and customer service skills and you will be able to take orders like a champion and deliver excellent coffee in the same way.
• Personality – your fun and energetic personality will shine through in your ‘can do’ attitude
• Cash control – you will be experienced and proficient with cash handling.
• Quality control – you will be passionate about maintaining exceptional quality standards at all times.
• Food safety – you will be diligent in ensuring food preparation procedures comply with the most stringent hygiene requirements.
• Stock control – you will be able to assist with stock control.
• Health and safety – you will be proactive in ensuring your working area adheres to the latest health and safety requirements.
In order to successfully fulfil this role, you will possess extensive experience as a Barista creating excellent coffee products, have completed an NZQA recognised equivalent Barista Training Course or equivalent and have the ability to conduct yourself professionally and maintain a positive and supportive team environment. If you are proactive, honest, reliable, friendly, approachable and able to work as part of a team, we would like to hear from you today!
This role is permanent, term-time only with 25 rostered hours per week (generally day time), Monday to Friday, with some evenings and weekends as needed.
You must be a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or hold an appropriate Visa that entitles you to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Application closing date: Thursday 27th June 2019
To apply, please forward you amazing CV and Cover Letter to the following email address with the subject line ‘Barista FB15’. It is also important to note in your Cover Letter the title of the role you are applying for.
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS