We need people to join our teams on an avocado orchards.
You will be picking avocados or doing general orchard work including spraying, planting avocado trees, ramming stakes, tying trees and mulching.
We prefer people who have had some outdoor work experience you must speak good English be fit (no back problems) have an IRD number and current work VISA.
You must be drug free.
Some jobs Start immediately and some start in January - Contact us for more information!
Jobs are 6 weeks to 2 months.
You work 8 hours per day 5- 6 days per week (weather dependent).
You are paid $18.00- $19.50 per hour (including 8%holiday pay). Depending on the job. When you are picking you can earn bonuses if you pick over the minimum number of bags (often happens). When you apply we will send you the details of the job that suits the time you want to work.
You will be staying in our backpackers located in Pukenui (in the very Far North). You can stay in a tent or in your van cost $14.00 per night or in shared accommodation for $17 per night. Pukenui is a small country town with local shops (a supermarket liquor store takeaways) on the Houhora Harbour 45 minutes drive north of Kaitaia. You will be living in the country no night clubs shopping malls or movie theater, so if you need a daily cappuccino this is not the job for you!! There are great beaches and walks.
Own transport is preferred.
E-mail Jo and answer the following questions if you wish to apply for the job;
1. Do you have an IRD number and a working VISA?
2. Do you speak good English?
3. Your full name age gender and nationality (for accommodation purposes)?
4. What height are you?
5. What is your NZ cell phone number?
6. Do you want a bed in a shared cabin or are you sleeping in your van?
7. Do you have a vehicle?
8. Do you have any spare seats to take others? (we car pool and share costs)
8. That you are available to work for up to 8 weeks
9. Are you colourblind have any back ailments or are you allergic to insect bites or pollen?
10. Please list any experience working in orchard or farm work?
11. Have you worked in New Zealand before if so doing what?
12. When are you available to start work ?
13. How long are you available to work for?
14. That you understand for the duration of the job you are required to stay at our backpackers..
15. You understand you must be drug free.
Apply through email!
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS