We are an innovative and vertically integrated fruit grower, packer and exporter, marketing fruit under the our apple brand.
Our packhouse is comprised of a collaborative and tenacious group of individuals that are passionate about packing our apples. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and family orientated place to work.
Our company’s main office is based beside the packhouse in the vibrant Hawke’s Bay Village of Havelock North on Cooper Street.
As the Packaging Machine Operator, your role is to operate packaging production equipment efficiently to meet output targets and comply with strict quality standards. Your contribution towards continuous improvement of the operation will be expected.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
• Operate the food packing production equipment effectively
• Undertake routine maintenance
• Undertake product packing, storage and dispatch
• Ensure food hygiene standards are met
• Assist with other packhouse work as required
• Ensure all Health and Safety and company policies are adhered to.
Applicants for this position require:
• Proven experience operating food grade packaging equipment
• Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving
• Sound IT skills
• Team Player and Innovative attributes
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa
If this sounds like you, and what you are looking for, apply to join the Rockit team and enjoy a career that will be full of exciting and fulfilling experiences. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Packhouse operation hours are dependent on supply of fruit, and market demand. An indication of hours is a minimum of 40 hours per week. We run two shifts of at least eight hours up to six days per week, so flexibility is required by the successful candidate.
A Criminal check and pre-employment drug test will be required in the recruitment process.
Complete your application by addressing a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to the Production Manager c/o
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS Register