We are looking for experienced Cafe Chefs to work in our Airport cafe kitchen.
We are passionate about coffee, food and people - including our staff. We offer a great culture where you can learn and grow.
We operates 7-days per week, from 3.30am till 7.00pm so you will get steady full time hours.
We are looking for a full-time afternoon Chef - so you will definitely get your nights back.
The role will require you to:
- Cook to order from our a la carte short order menu, breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Manage your space quickly, efficiently and cleanly - the kitchen is in full view of the customers so you are part of the action
- Manage your daily and weekly food ordering, ensuring excellent stock rotation and chiller organisation of your prep
- General kitchen cleaning and hygiene duties - dishes are everyone's business
- be motivated, hard working and passionate about food
- Be cool, calm and professional under pressure and always communicate well with your team
- Previous experience in a fast paced cafe or restaurant kitchen - can easily manage the kitchen on your own.
- Experience working the grill and all other commercial kitchen equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail - proud of what you put on the plate.
- Relevant food safety qualification and/or City & Guilds qualification in Culinary Arts (Level 5) or equivalent is essential
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a competitive wage rate and the opportunity to be part of a progressive and fantastic culture.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS Register