Discover a career in Aquaculture
Our story is about true connection and we are here so people will always be able to share in the true taste and rare magic of New Zealand’s best seafood.
Aquaculture at Moana:
Moana New Zealand’s oysters are wild farmed in the pristine tidal waters of Aotearoa and our Pacific oysters perfectly capture the freshness and vitality of the waters they are harvested from.
- Our operations are a proud combination of tradition and technological innovation
- Our farms operate one of the strictest water quality assurance programmes for shellfish in the world.
- Moana is leading the way by integrating new ways of working and cutting-edge technology into our operations, to support future growth ambitions and the increasing worldwide demand for our premium oysters
At the heart of our success are our people.
Key to our ongoing growth, is developing our people; creating sustainable career pathways for them to grow and providing a continuous learning environment to create a team of highly capable aquaculture specialists from grass roots level and beyond.
We have 5 entry level Farm Worker opportunities, to join our oyster team in the Coromandel.
Working alongside experienced industry professionals you will be provided with ongoing training and support to develop your skills in the following areas:
Overall oyster farm operations:
- Growing and harvesting oysters
- Repairs and maintenance
- Innovative systems & practices- flip farming, SmartOysters technology
- Health & Safety & Food Safety compliance
- General laboring duties
If you are interested and the following sounds like you then contact us today
- Growing things
- Learning new skills
- Working with good people
- Being on the water
- An outdoors person
- Hardworking & physically fit
- A team player
- Honest & reliable
Live surrounded by beaches and nature, be part of the tight knit Coromandel Community and work with a local business that will provide you with training to build your career in aquaculture.
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be eligible to apply for this position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We welcome your application to the Aquaculture Farm Worker position. Please send your resume and in the subject box please put the job title. Closing date for applications is 4:00 pm, Friday, 28 February 2020.
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS Register