Why work for they?
Dynamic, fun, friendly and inspiring workplace environment
Progressive food values and vision
Competitive salary and outstanding benefits
Generous vacations and leaves
Development and training opportunities
Complimentary meal while on shift
Wellness initiatives and a respectful work environment
Opportunity to work in a variety of food services environments on campus
Flexible working schedule
Full and part-time positions available
Strong sustainability values and practices
Positions in this classification oversee the operation of a single food services unit and/or assist in the operation of a complex food services unit(s) supervising food service workers, participating in food service work and handling related administrative duties.
1. Supervises the workload of food service workers, ensuring employees meet Food Services' customer service standards.
2. Trains food service workers, following up to ensure an understanding of the material covered.
3. Assists with and recommends scheduling options to the unit manager.
4. Orders food supplies required for day to day operations.
5. Monitors and reviews cost controls, such as, labour costs, food costs and waste and overhead expenses, with unit manager.
6. Handles customer comments and complaints and refers to unit manager as required. Monitors customer satisfaction via surveys, comment cards, and any other types of feedback.
7. Relieves and assists food service workers as operationally required.
8. Ensures that the quality of product being produced and/or sold is up to department standards.
9. Performs audits for food quality, food safety and sanitation, customer satisfaction and feedback; takes action with production or makes recommendations as required.
10. Participates in related day to day office administrative duties, such as, answering telephones, record keeping, filing, data entry, performing basic calculations, typing correspondence, inventory, and month end procedures. Completes and submits timesheets ensuring payroll deadlines are met.
11. Ensures that systems and procedures for daily sales, cash collections/controls, banking and ledger reconciliation are being followed; processes payments and deposits.
12. Recommends daily specials and ongoing menu changes.
13. Suggests and implements unit promotions including processing and delivering of You-Care packages.
14. Ensures all kitchen equipment and point of sale systems are in working order; reports and follows up on maintenance as required.
15. Contacts employees for coverage of last minute vacancies of shifts.
16. Carries out any other related duties as required in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of positions in this classification.
High School graduation, Food Safe Level 1 Certificate and completion of Food Service Management course. 2 years relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer experience required; must have be comfortable using both Word and Outlook. Demonstrated ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines. Effective oral and written communication skills, along with organizational skills are required. Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and work with a diverse workforce. Strong supervisory, interpersonal, customer service, leadership and training skills required. Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Required Skills and Experience details are listed on the job description.
ONLY MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE CONTACT DETAILS